Friday, July 17, 2009

In Africa...

The first picture is of me on a road near "the family lodge," our residence for the first three days in Ghana. We saw several people out walking the streets during the day as one of the common modes of transportation. The streets are very busy in Accra, lots of people come up to the cars selling goods on the street, traffic is ridiculous at times. We saw some military vehicles, police with semi-auto just riding by in a a pickup truck, barbed wire on 6 ft. walls in the city.

The second picture is of me and my "brother" Martin in the market of Accra. We talked for a good 30-40 mins. before I had to leave to go back for supper at the lodge. I love the market or "cultural center" as they call it. There is so much to do and see there, the people are so friendly and everything is dirt cheap. As for everything else - the food is decent, soccer is huge, and our places of lodging are going to get nicer and nicer.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! So exciting! I like the pic of you and that dude.
    I bet mom will be thrilled when she reads about the semi-autos and barbed wire walls, haha!

    ReplyDelete